Full Cycling data

Forum for announcements and discussion of beta firmware.
Mark
Site Admin

Re: Full Cycling data

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:47 am

Paul.Allen wrote:Nothing against electricians, but I get frustrated when they talk down to me. It's not like I don't know anything about electricity. ; )

I'd suspect that you know more about electricity than a lot of electricians. We had an electrician come to install a power monitor for our house and I was asking him if the unit measured the power factor so that the reported power was actually accurate. I can't remember the exact response but it was something along the lines of "What's a power factor?"

Paul.Allen
Site Admin

Postby Paul.Allen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:06 am

Mark wrote:"What's a power factor?"

LOL

Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:11 am

Paul.Allen wrote:
Mark wrote:"What's a power factor?"

LOL

I would have as well if I wasn't so shocked.

To be fair, knowing about power factors probably isn't something that an electrician really needs to know about most of the time, but I still would have thought that it'd be something that they'd be taught. It'd be important if they were trying to work out what gauge of wire to use for an inductive load with a low power factor, but it's not something I'd expect them to have to handle normally I guess...

Paul.Allen
Site Admin

Postby Paul.Allen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 am

In all fairness I have met very competent and knowledgeable electricians (at least 1), my only beef with this guy is his demeaning attitude.

Return to “Beta Testers”