cheap o flashlight.

For general discussion of the UltraSmartCharger
biscuit

cheap o flashlight.

Postby biscuit » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 am

New be here, so bear with me. I have a LED throw away flashlight that has 9 LED bulbs and was powered by 4 AA batteries in series for 6 volt output. The LED is a WPG Tech CREE Xlamp 7090. A friend gave me the flashlight minus the battery holder ehich he broke and threw away. I was wondering if I could wire in a 9 volt transistor radio battery and make it work, or wouls=d the extra 3 volts burn out the LED? Also would the 9 volt battery have less life? Mark

Mark
Site Admin

Re: cheap o flashlight.

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:21 am

Without knowing specific details about the circuitry in the flashlight, it's difficult to know whether it would work or not, but I suspect that there is a good chance that it wouldn't like it, so I wouldn't try it myself.

9V batteries only have about one tenth of the capacity of AA cells (generally around 200mAh versus 2000mAh for AA) so even if it did work, you wouldn't get much run time out of it.

Paul.Allen
Site Admin

Re: cheap o flashlight.

Postby Paul.Allen » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 am

Can you post some pictures? We would love to help you get this figured out. Maybe a picture of the flashlight and another of the inside of the head where the batteries make contact would be helpful.

Return to “General Discussion”