Eneloops: 5000 cycles and still going...

A place for posting test results and reviews for the wide variety of batteries that are available.
Benediction

Re: Eneloops: 5000 cycles and still going...

Postby Benediction » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Any progress?

Also, it might be interesting to find the testing criteria established by International Electrotechnical Commission for battery testing.
*charge capacity and mAh estimates based on Panasonic internal IEC 61951-2(7.3.2) testing.
**Recharge cycles based on testing method established by IEC 61951-2(7.5.1.3)

Obviously, only some of the battery types have existed for 5 years and virtually no LSD have existed for 10 years so there must be some way of calculating self discharge out to that time limit. In addition the cycle counts, have they really performed 2100 cycles? (note: they do have more advanced industry testing equipment such as a Cadex C8000 ) - perhaps they use Weibull probability plots?Battery Reliability Testing

Cadex C800 abilities:
    * Maximum Charge/Discharge Current 30mA to 10A set in 1mA increments
    20A maximum discharge rate using Dual Power Port cable
    *Nickel-based: Constant current; negative slope or plateau timer, trickle charge

Mark
Site Admin

Re: Eneloops: 5000 cycles and still going...

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Benediction wrote:Any progress?

Sorry - I haven't got to it yet...

I have previously look at IEC testing methods - If I recall correctly, the biggest hurdle in implementing them is to maintain consistent room temperature. Another difficulty was that the testing that I was looking at was at relatively low rates and for consistency would really need to be done with only 1 cell per charger, so wasn't really an efficient use of chargers in my opinion.

Return to “Battery Test Results & Reviews”