Sony Cyber-shot Cells

A place for posting test results and reviews for the wide variety of batteries that are available.
Paul.Allen
Site Admin

Sony Cyber-shot Cells

Post by Paul.Allen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:13 am

markr6 over on the CandlePowerForums was nice enough to send me a set of Sony Cyber-shot cells that he came upon while going through his old camera bag. Here is a link to the post he made when he found them:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... -batteries

The batteries are 10 years old and have been sitting for 8 years. The amazing part, they are actually in not that bad of shape. I would even say they are in better shape than brand new cells I have sampled from some brands.

I have attached the data from one of the cells (I have all of the data from both if you want it) after several cycles.

The other part of this story is that these batteries are the ones that got me interested in NiMh cells back in 2003. So it was a bit of nostalgia for me to get to play with them.
Attachments
Old Sony Cell Cycles.zip
(2.82 MiB) Downloaded 302 times

Mark
Site Admin

Re: Sony Cyber-shot Cells

Post by Mark » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:43 am

The internal resistance is getting a bit high, but it's still not bad - especially considering their age and what they've been through!

Looks like they're holding over 1.2V for most of the discharge which is good to see - they're definitely still usable cells! The only question really is what their self discharge is like?