Japanese Vs Chinese Eneloop Cycle Testing Results

A place for posting test results and reviews for the wide variety of batteries that are available.
2114L3

Re: Japanese Vs Chinese Eneloop Cycle Testing Results

Postby 2114L3 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 am

so with dicksmith closing down, we cant just pop down the road and grab some eneloops anymore.
panasonic lists the goodguys for panasonic batteries but a search on eneloop turns up zero.
harveynorman is listed, but very oddly their website is down right now.
funnily dicksmith isnt listed already.

but where on earth are Australians going to find on the shelf Eneloops now?

something for the www.paulallenengineering.com shop? :D

2114L3

Postby 2114L3 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:13 am

harveynorman.com.au site back online, and eneloop turns up nothing.
panasonics where to buy (http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/where-to-buy.html) with battery sub category obviously isnt targetting eneloops

Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:47 am

I believe that BatteryWorld stocks them - but I've never seen them do them for a decent price unfortunately.

It seems that with the passing of DSE, the era of cheap (or at least cheapish) Eneloops is over for Australians. IMHO, it would now make sense to order Japanese made Eneloops from overseas since they're not available locally any more and it would probably work out cheaper. If rechargeables are needed urgently, I'd suggest either the Coles branded for $7 per pack of 4, or if you're in an Eastern state and have a nearby Ikea, they're currently selling for $4 for a pack of 4 which is excellent value IMHO. (You need to join Ikea family to get the $4 for 4 price, but membership is free)

Return to “Battery Test Results & Reviews”